Standard Technical Range
- OD 9.5mm – 38.1mm
- WT up to 6.35mm
- Bending radii 1.25 x OD up to 1700mm
- Bends can be supplied in accordance with TEMA R / ASTM SA/A556
- Leg length up to 15000mm
- Heat treatment where required by electric furnance or direct resistance
- Hydrotesting up to 10,000 psi
- Dye penetrant of ‘U’ bend area
- PMI testing
- Heat Treatment
We are equipped to carry out heat treatment of bends plus a minimum 150mm of leg.
Heat Treatment Equipment
- Heat treatment equipment is computer controlled with the added facility of data recording.
- An argon protective atmopshere is used inside stainless and special alloy tubes during heat treatment.
- We can provide all types of annealing; solution annealing and stress relieving.
Measuring, Cutting, Deburring and Cleaning
- ‘U’ bends are produced, controlled and measured fully in accordance with relevant standards.
- All tubes are cut to the specified leg lenghts, ends deburred and the bores are internally cleaned with dried air.
- For roadfreight in timber fingers or skids.
- In strong open or closed wooden boxes depending destination.
- Each bundle is protected with plastic sheets.
- Customers can provide their own packing or Salem can prepare a packing plan.
- Detailed packings lists are attached to wooden cases to give quick and clear identification of contents.